The Spirulina Story
As one of the oldest and most nutrient-rich foods on earth, spirulina has been coined the original superfood. This blue-green microalgae is known for its robust nutrient profile and wide range of health benefits.
In the wild, spirulina grows naturally in warm, fresh water lakes. Ancient civilizations have a long history with this microalgae. They knew the benefits and used spirulina in their diets regularly. Today, this fascinating algae still holds mysteries, as researchers have yet to uncover the many uses it may have.
What we do know is spirulina isn’t just any microalgae. It’s an impressive protein-packed superfood that offers many health benefits almost immediately upon ingestion:
• Improved endurance
• Reduced fatigue
• Improvements to immune system
• Supports the heart, liver, and kidneys
• Naturally detoxifies the body
• Oxygenates the blood
• Naturally suppresses appetite
• Aids in digestion
• Reduces inflammation
• Contains age-defying antixodiants
When the global community caught wind of the incredible health benefits of this superfood, spirulina started to be farmed globally and used as a dietary supplement.
How to Use Spirulina
Because SpiraVeg spirulina is odorless and tasteless, you can add it to any of your favourite foods to boost nutrition. Please do not cook the spirulina as it may reduce the nutritional value. Here are some of our preferred ways to use spirulina:
• Mix SpiraVeg spirulina into juice or water
• Thaw and mix SpiraVeg spirulina into yogurt
• Use your imagination and add to your favourite dish or beverage
• Thaw and add SpiraVeg spirulina to a salad dressing or into a pesto